Moving home can be very stressful, especially when you’ve got a lot of things to move. Packing and unpacking can be particularly stressful, but it can be made easier with the right tools and a plan of action.
Knowing how to pack properly can save you a lot of time, while also helping to make sure your things are transported safely.
Take a look at some tips on how to make the most of your house moving boxes to enjoy a smooth and stress-free move.
Equip yourself with the right materials
Packing becomes much simpler when you get organised. Having the right packing materials will be a big help to ensure you get the job done. Some of the packing materials you need include:
- Cardboard boxes or packing crates
- Strong tape (and a tape gun!)
- Bubble wrap
It’s not always easy to work out how many boxes you’ll need to pack, so err on the side of caution and get more than you think you need, just in case.
Consider tough solutions for fragile items
Moving house involves packing a lot of different items, many of which are fragile. From your kitchenware to items like vases and mirrors, you need to take caution when dealing with fragile items.
For some items, cardboard boxes may not provide the strength needed to keep your items safe. Hard packing crates can give extra protection to your most valuable items, helping to prevent damage.
Do the environment a favour and rent house moving boxes
While cardboard boxes are recyclable, you can prevent waste by choosing to rent your moving boxes instead of buying them. phs Teacrate has a range of set crate deals that contain everything you need for packing up. From the bubble wrap to the cable ties, everything is there to help your move a successful one.
When you’re done with the crates, simply arrange to return them so that they can be used by someone else. You won’t have to deal with masses of cardboard and can feel positive that you’re doing your bit for the environment by using a less wasteful solution.
Master the art of packing to move
Packing is an enormous task, but learning the best ways to pack will make things much easier. Some top tips include:
- Start as early as possible to help avoid last-minute packing nightmares.
- Declutter as much as possible to reduce how much you need to pack.
- Pack away your least used rooms first.
- Try to pack one room at a time to keep things organised.
- Wrap up your fragile items in bubble wrap and avoid stacking fragile items on top of each other.
- Label your boxes with which room they need to go into in your new home.
- Don’t overpack your boxes – make sure they’re light enough to carry and won’t buckle under the weight of the contents.
- Keep a box of essentials for your first day or days in your new home. Items like pyjamas, toothbrushes, the kettle and basic kitchen items should be easy to find while you wait to unpack the rest of your stuff.
Hire your packing boxes from phs Teacrate
Hiring packing boxes will make moving house much less stressful. You’ll benefit from having large, sturdy boxes that you can give back when you’re finished with them, leaving your new home nice and clear.
At phs Teacrate, we provide crate rental that’s ideal for moving home. We have a range of bundles to suit your moving needs, with weekly costs that could even help you save money compared to buying everything yourself.
For more information, check out our crate rental services and enjoy your smoothest moving experience yet.